PCR & RAPID test on MILOS
There is a Clinic on Milos that conducts COVID-19 PCR Tests, both on-site at the cost of 120€ and in any residence (e.g., hotel room) with an extra cost varying from 50€ up to 80€ (depending on the location, date & time of the day.) The results are provided within 30-48 hours max. (the sample that is taken is sent to a clinic in Athens. This Clinic also conducts Rapid Tests at the cost of 40€ on-site. The results are given on the same day.
During the first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic, Greece has timely taken all necessary measures that effectively slowed down its spread in the country.
The government plan for dealing with the disease’s new surge is assessed and updated on the basis of the daily epidemiological data. Greek authorities ask people to maintain a physical distance from others as best they can. The use of a face mask is obligatory on public transport means, taxis, elevators, hospitals, when visiting government services buildings, in shops and other commercial establishments. People should also avoid overcrowding at all times, in indoor as well as in outdoor spaces.
Advice to travellers
Visitors must consider the risks when travelling. They are advised to avoid nonessential travel to areas with a local COVID-19 transmission. There is no vaccine for this new corona virus.
If you are travelling to areas with a local COVID-19 transmission, you should bear in mind the following:
– Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently with soap and water or use a disinfectant, especially after coughing or sneezing, and before you touch and consume food.
– Avoid any contact with patients who are having respiratory symptoms.
During your stay in areas with a local COVID-19 transmission you should:
– Postpone your trip if you have a fever and/or respiratory symptoms, such as cough or shortness of breath.
– Cover your mouth and your nose with a tissue or with your elbow (not with your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
– Avoid any contact with other people if you have a fever and/or respiratory symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath.
After your return trip from areas with a local COVID-19 transmission:
– Stay alert for any symptoms of illness for the following 14 days.
– In case you run a fever and/or have respiratory symptoms, such as shortness of breath or a cough, 14 days after your return trip, you are advised to stay at home and seek immediate medical care. Make sure you mention all the details about your recent trip. You can also contact the National Public Health Organisation in Greece (1135, 210-5212054).